John Admire, M.D.
- Residency: University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Medical School: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- Undergraduate: The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
About Dr. Admire
Dr. John Admire completed his medical training at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston in 2011 and received the M. Jeannie Sealy Scholarship for outstanding academic achievement and service while a student there.
After medical school, he completed a general surgery residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio where he received the distinction of being named a Raleigh Ross Scholar by the Texas Surgical Society, an honor given to one outstanding resident each year from each general surgery program in the state of Texas. He is board certified in General Surgery.
He has been in practice in the Department of Surgery at UT Health San Antonio since his graduation from residency. Dr.Admire loves central and south Texas and has lived in the area since college.
“I enjoy being a part of the San Antonio medical community and caring for the patients in the area. There are many outstanding physicians that constantly push me to be a better surgeon, which is great for my patients. I look forward to the opportunity of providing care for those in the area for years to come.”
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgery
- Associate Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Certification in Robotic Surgery - Intuitive Surgical